TGIF! Has anyone else begun shutting down their work? It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
I know most of you are used to seeing me in girly looks, frilly dresses and pink overalls but, if I’m headed for a weekend trip or a quick run to the fabric store, I love a great, simple dress…preferably black.
I paired my dress with one of my tote bags sold exclusively on my Etsy shop along with some fringe sandals that I made. More on that later.
I used McCall pattern 7411 for my dress hack. I made this dress in 3 hours one day before work. I cut the bodice at the waistline and added enough inches to make a dress.
I’m 5’1” so my dress is about 32 inches long from my high shoulder. I used view B and did not use a clasp for the center back. The neck opening is large enough to put over my head. I also used a 3/8 inch seam allowance and used store bought bias tape for the neck and arm holes and I added pockets to my dress. I clipped notches on the side seams to make sure the pocket sacks matched up.
My shoes are from Target…sorta. They’re actually these:
But I’ve been stalking fringe sandals on my Pinterest lately and made my own pair! So I bought fringe trim from Amazon.
- I made 2 rows of fringe with 4 strips on each sandal.
- I meticulously measured 8 strips of fringe and the top of the sandal.
- I made sure to glue the first row one inch from the top of the sandal band.
- Then I glued the second row right on the beginning of the sandal band.
- For added stability I used a bit of glue on the sides so that the fringe wouldn’t drag on the ground.
This entire look is so versatile. Any of these pieces or the entire look can be great for the beach or worn separately!