So I did a thing. I made a playlist of my top songs that I listen to when I’m sewing! I promise there’s something there for everyone because I literally love everything and grew up in a musical household. Even words and songs that I can’t understand sometimes. They still evoke an emotion that transcends a language barrier.
When I play music while making a project I really get in the zone and before I know it, my garment is finished. And depending on my mood or what genre I want to hear, I can really go down a rabbit hole.
A lot of songs on this list are upbeat, empowering or bring back really great memories. It’s 25 songs (I hope that’s not a lot).
My playlist is on TIDAL. And I believe that you can listen for free for up to 30 days if you don’t have an account! YAY! Now, if you don’t want to sign up for TIDAL then I believe each song will play for 30 seconds after you click on the link. UGH!
Thanks for listening and let me know which one is your favorite! Click on the logo below to listen!
Take a peek at the songs on my playlist:
- Maureen x Sade
- Good as hell x Lizzo
- La vida es un carnaval x Celia Cruz
- I’m every woman x Whitney Houston
- Ain’t no way x Aretha Franklin
- Disco medley (live from the Astrodome) x Selena
- MacArthur Park x Donna Summer
- Portuguese love x Teena Marie
- The pleasure principle x Janet Jackson
- Baila esta cumbia (live) x Selena
- Junie x Solange
- 24/7 x Ella Mai + Meek Mill
- Honey x Mariah Carey
- If x Janet Jackson
- You want this x Janet Jackson
- Vogue x Madonna
- Ray of light x Madonna
- Ultralight beam x Kanye West
- Bidi bidi bom bom (live) x Selena
- Alright x Janet Jackson
- Got ’til it’s gone x Janet Jackson + Q-Tip
- Quimbara x Celia Cruz
- Cranes in the sky x Solange
- La carcacha (live from the Astrodome) x Selena
- As I am x H.E.R.