What’s this? Two posts in one week?! Omg, I’m even surprising myself!
First let me share that I was hesitant on how this pattern would look on me. Granted I did buy it, but y’all know how that goes. So I went to IG and looked up the hashtag and realized how great it would look with a pretty tropical print.
The night before my vacation I cut the pattern, the fabric and went straight to work. I cut pockets, but I loathe sewing pockets (especially when I’m in a time crunch). I left off the pockets which I regret since they would’ve come in handy -but TIME! Lol.
The pattern doesn’t have closures but it does have a tie for the neck that funnels through the front and back pieces. It also has a deep keyhole in the front that I would consider raising in the future. It was a little too deep for day tripping.
I also noticed that this pattern did not have carriers for the belt. If I had more than a few hours to make it, I sure would have added carriers. Adding carriers is more than just sewing tubes. It’s measuring down to my waist where I want it to sit etc. so I didn’t fuss with adding them but the next time I definitely would.
What I did like about this pattern is that I didn’t have to adjust the crotch. Normally I take everything one inch up but seeing that this was a high neckline I didn’t adjust it. I’m glad I didn’t because the crotch was perfect.
And finally I reinforced the seat of the shorts with an extra seam in the allowance. I know too well that rompers have a tendency to rip in that area. And my fabric is voile so I really needed extra reinforcements.
Until next time, xo!
Leave a Reply